Nigeria's problems

edited February 2013 in General
Its time that we Nigerians should be celebrating our achievements and progress, instead of always focussing on our problems and a accusing fingers at our politicians. Any critism of our goverment policies should be positive by offering solutions not negative statements made by us that make us look like children who can't govern themselves without foriegn intervention. Remember we are all in this boat together and it is up to all of us if we are to sail or sink.

Comments

• sound one!! But our govt have the primary roll to play..
  • At least, we should not always talk about the bad and the bad alone. Let's see and speak some good. God bless Nigeria. God bless us all.
  • How can we solve the problem in nigeria
  • God has the FinAL SAY.
  • Government position is not a bed of roses.govt officials r 2 b criticized so dt they wil seatup,when they leave govt we wil also leave dem alone
  • Ibee, I quite agree with you. It is quite difficult holding a position of leadership. Leadership entails a lot. That is why we always clamour for those with the qualities and the ability to do the work. Citizens are also rational. They follow leaders whom they feel would take them 'there' your position is noted but the leader also needs to be able to take the bull by the horn when it is necessary. I am still as passionate a Nigerian as you are o.
  • What should be the responce of our concerned officers when an incubent Governor confess to have rigged his election?
  • The best solution in your above scenario is for the electorate through their representatives in the house of assembly to seek for his impeachment. This is because election rigging would seem to be classifiable under "gross misconduct" as stated in Section 188 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
  • I suspect that your question bothers on the recent political situation in a state of the federation in which a governor publicly stated that he rigged the election (primaries) for the senatorial seat of an incumbent senator.

The situation poses a number of legal challenges and based on an appreciation of the situation as canversed by concerned parties, I think the best approach would be either a recall of the senator by members of his constituency or a petition to the house of assembly for an investigation into the matter for possible disciplinary action since the procedure of his membership of the house is alleged to be fraudulent.
  • Nigeria as no problem rather the first and second citizen are the problem of this country nigeria and some of our pass leader are the big problem of nigeria,For so call political that grid with our nigeria money they should stop it if not God will dissent his hanger upon them and there entered family