NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION

Politically, Nig. Is poor. Nig. System of politics is affecting the youths & the society. Nig.leaders needs to amend their
ways. Nig. Is leading to destruction. I think thus.!

Comments

• Did u say naija is leading 2 destruction,now can u tell me what is more valuable than human.or are u not in this country when lives has been taminated,properties worth billions of naira been distroyed-pls tell me what is left
  • Nigeria is a great country like every great countries,she is only expirencing her trier moment thats all.
  • My broda! Watz da greatness behind Nigeria? Is it da corruption, da killin of da innocent, oppression 4rm da rich, political upheaval and a whole lot mo of it. U cannot b sufferin n smilin @ thesame cos it dose'nt work out dat way so, we should stop hidin da nitty-gritty of dis country, let us call a spade a spade pls! beside, dis country is fast headin 2words a fail state already wayda U like it or not O! my broda!?!
  • The greatness is 'Us', Nigerians, her people. We are a nation of industrious men and women willing to provide for ourselves what an errant Government has refused to. Now all we need do is get some of these men and women who know what our pains are into office by Voting and Defending Our Votes and we will begin to see that greatness manifest.
  • How can U produce an errant where da path 2words such success seems 2 b foggy!? we only ve 1 solution 2 dat, n da solution is, let errant folks come 2geter as 1 to fight da so call elites, dats all, n I don't think som of us re even ready 2 do dat, cos it takes 2 to tangle my broda. I'm so passionate abt dis country. We don't talk of virtual greatness but rather physical greatness with real impact, an average Nigerian is nt even willin 2 do dat cos everybody is following da normal norms and values of da society!
  • I concur with Oladimeji and I agree with you, Fabian, in part. Greatness lies in us all but a lot of us are not willing and ready to fight the fight. However, I feel when there is a strong, passionate leader to lead a struggle; Nigerians seem to follow to the latter. The fuel subsidy struggle was one that brought that part of Nigerians to the fore. Maybe an electoral revolution is needed. This revolution needs to start from the local government level by protecting our constitutional right in Section 7 (4) of the 1999 Constitution (with respect to right to vote and to be voted for in the Local Government election) up to the Presidency.
  • Our constitution is knw more guiding us some people r above the constitution take a good look@tambuwal's defection encounter
  • @Mike, our constitution is still the pivotal law guiding the nation. Without law, there is no sin and there will be rancor and disorder. The law is still in place and we are all still bound by the law.

Regarding Tambuwal's defection, the constitution provision in contention was Section 68 (1)(g) which states that:
    "(1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if -
    (g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;"

This provision however had a proviso which stated that:

"Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored;"

His argument was that the PDP had an internal crisis which led to his defection as such, he was covered by the proviso. There were also counter arguments from the PDP. However, all these arguments were made outside the Courtroom as such, there was no legal pronouncement on the matter.
  • Nigeria is good but, greater percentage of Nigerians are corrupt due to negligence of rule of law.
  • make everybody try to know they right
  • our constitution is still the pivotal law
    guiding the nation. Without law, there is no sin
    and there will be rancor and disorder. The law
    is still in place and we are all still bound by
    the law.
    Regarding Tambuwal's defection, the
    constitution provision in contention was
    Section 68 (1)(g) which states that:
    "(1) A member of the Senate or of the House
    of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the
    House of which he is a member if -
    (g) being a person whose election to the House
    was sponsored by a political party, he
    becomes a member of another political party
    before the expiration of the period for which
    that House was elected;"
    This provision however had a proviso which
    stated that:
    "Provided that his membership of the latter
    political party is not as a result of a division in
    the political party of which he was previously a
    member or of a merger of two or more political
    parties or factions by one of which he was
    previously sponsored;"
    His argument was that the PDP had an
    internal crisis which led to his defection as
    such, he was covered by the proviso. There
    were also counter arguments from the PDP.
    However, all these arguments were made
    outside the Courtroom as such, there was no
    legal pronouncement on the matter.
  • 4me I think we are heading somewhere, but the problem remain that heart less people keep ruling us.
  • Nigeria is great,but we need to reposition this elite,cos Nigeria belong to all of us not some cycle of individual parading themselve as leaders only to recycle the mantle of leadership to their kids and cronies,it is high time we say no to this fashion.
  • Being silence doent mean we are fools,its African culture of respecting elders even though they went wrong
  • Yes that's true my friend Nigerian people are so good doesn't mean that they are fools. i heard this Nigeria news headlines in 2 days ago.
  • Nigeria is not a poor country, but the problem is leadership.
    and now we get the good leaders: like PMB in Nigeria and MNE in Kaduna.
  • the problems of 9ja isn't a part of government only, this include its majority people lack of knowledge and others problems that it's too difficult solve. According to.....
    " the ruin of Nation begins to its people..... "
  • Please what are the five sources of Nigerian Constitution....please kindly help it urgent
  • Please what are the five sources of Nigerian Constitution....please kindly help it urgent
  • @Rotimizamani247, I honestly do not think there's anything like 'sources of Nigerian Constitution'. To the best of my knowledge, I feel the question is the 'sources of Nigerian Law' and they are five namely:
    1.Customary Law
    2. Islamic law,
    3.Received English Law,
    4. Nigerian Local Legislation including Delegated Legislation,
    5. Judicial Precedents.

I hope this has been of help. Thank you.
  • Nigeria was guard and guided by law, But why is that the law is strictly and proper observed only when d low born where guilty of pin nut of Nigeria code of conduct? , and the noble one we be taking the Public fund with a little punishement? There is God oooooo
  • @Adekunle, I guess you mean to say that the application of the law is partial and low income earners do not get favorable judgment as those with high income when faced with a similar case.

I guess this was discussed in another chat where I stated that the judiciary is indeed trying her best in ensuring sanity in the nation. The reason why it seems as though the poor are facing the full wrath of the law and the rich seem to be going scoot free is one of access to justice.

I went on to say that in other climes, everyone has equal access to justice and some even have legal expenses insurance. However, we do not have such in Nigeria and those who can hire senior advocates to defend them favorably argue their cases and win.
  • Thank you All.
  • Thank you All.