Becoming a responsible citizen

edited June 2012 in General
Besides just knowing our rights we must also be at all time responsible citizens to make Nigeria the dream country that we all want. Section 24 of the constitution says:

DUTIES OF THE CITIZEN
24. It shall be the duty of every citizen to -
(a) abide by this Constitution, respect its ideals and its institutions, the National Flag, the National Anthem, the National Pledge, and legitimate authorities;
(b) help to enhance the power, prestige and good name of Nigeria, defend Nigeria and render such national service as may be required;
(c) respect the dignity of other citizens and the rights and legitimate interests of others and live in unity and harmony and in the spirit of common brotherhood;
(d) make positive and useful contribution to the advancement, progress and well-being of the community where he resides;
(e) render assistance to appropriate and lawful agencies in the maintenance of law and order; and
(f) declare his income honestly to appropriate and lawful agencies and pay his tax promptly.

Comments

• I love nigeria, but i hate nigerian leaders atitudes.
  • Nigeria is a very good country. But its only our leader that see themselve as the country not the masses.

I know one day we will all enjoy this country. In Jesus name. Amen
  • This country is full of milk n honey.
  • I m very happy for finding My self @ this forum for dignitaries of good citizens of Nigeria. You know one thing? I love My 9ja & 9ja people so much. that is why I can't wait see some arrogant comments by some unpatriotic Nigerians @ newspapers doing for me is ashamed. God bless Nigeria & Nigerians
  • no matter how consequence and difficulties by the will of Almighty one day sunshine will come to us away, out destination is success, joy, progress, love,good governmence and transferency. My Almighty God be by our side Amin.
  • Amin! As much as I believe in prayers... I also believe that as citizen its our collective responsibilty to build our nation. So as we pray let us remember our roles as citizens and play them accordingly.